Friday, September 26, 2008

Starting over....again.

Lately I seem to be coming up short - way short. In many areas I am way ahead of the curve, but in one that I hold very dear, I am falling behind, and fast. And I am blaming it all on mother nature. I know you are asking yourself "where is this going????" stick with me.....

Ike seemed to wreck havoc on a lot more than the Southeast Texas landscape. It also took over my life! I have been consumed by it. Watching the news, looking for news on the internet, listening to talk radio, all to hear about Ike and the destruction it caused. Turns out I should have been a tiny bit more introspective in my search. I willingly gave Ike the place in my life that my relationship with God deserves. This realization hit me today, and when I say hit; I do mean HIT!! After watching yet another news clip about destruction and desolation, holding back tears, wondering why I was getting more and more effected by the images; I felt God drop some truth into my heart. "You gave Ike MY place."

Ouch! I knew that was true. All the time I was spending searching out Ike info, it was time I was using before the storm, to search out God; to strengthen my relationship with Him. SO, with this post I am starting over again! Saying goodbye to Ike and hello to my God. Thankfully He is there, arms open wide, waiting on me!

....'Return to me,' declares the LORD Almighty, 'and I will return to you,' says the LORD Almighty. Zechariah 1:3

1 comment:

Maribel said...

WOW!! well although this blog was emotional for me, its very true, sometimes we tend to turn our eyes away from the cross, with other distractions... but the good thing is we can easily regain focus and turn our eyes back on Jesus!!! Thank You JESUS!!!