Monday, March 24, 2008

Why are you in my seat???

At church this weekend our 11:00 a.m. service was packed. I knew it would be, it was Easter afterall. It was also the debut of our new church choir. Since I am in the choir, I made sure to save seats for my family, because they were not there yet. However, other people had a different idea for my seats. By the second song, my "saved" chairs were dissappearing - fast! If my family did not get there soon, they would have to sit on the floor! Finally, my mom arrives and stakes claim to a few seats. The reason I was so worried about my family getting there, was the choir debut - this is not just any choir - it is an awesome group of people from my church, but it is also lead by the world's BEST worship leader. My husband, Abel.

I was so blessed to see Abel being used by God this past Sunday. For many years, I doubted that Abel would allow God to use him. I felt that he was determined to self destruct, making bad decision after bad decision; with no regard for anyone else. However, in the past 3 years, Abel has allowed God complete control and the transformation is amazing. As I was singing in the choir on Sunday, I was overwhelmed by all God has done for me and my family. He has restored my marriage, given me back my best friend, blessed me with 2 awesome children, I could go on and on. While standing on the stage - I was so thankful that Abel allowed God control. He did an awesome job leading praise and worship - his desire to be used by God was evident that morning.

I can not put into words how thankful I was for that moment. Being a part of God's divine plan is wonderful! I believe that when we give up control of our lives and allow God to reign, mighty things happen - just like Sunday morning. God took the broken pieces of our lives and has skillfully, over the last 2 - 3 years, pieced them back together into a masterpiece so beautiful words can not describe.

That is why I was standing on stage crying like a baby in the second service - I know I looked out of place. Everyone else was smiling and I am trying to pull it together - and not being very successful. But if I had heard the quick exchange between my mom and sister after Kristen got to church - I might have been able to pull it together a little quicker.

Kris: "Why is Bree crying so much?"
Mom: "Because you are sitting in her seat!"


-b-

5 comments:

Kimberly Kay said...

Good post, Bree! I really like this one. God has, indeed, done a masterful job of restoration in your's and Abel's lives. It's nothing short of miraculous! :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with your mom...I thought it was because of your seat too!!!! BUT on a more serious note...Able did do a great job up there...enough to make anyone proud!!! And I also agree with you on one other thing....GOD IS GREAT!!! The simple fact that he has the ability restore something that a person can copletely lose faith in (speaking from my own experiences) is beyond words!!! I'm happy for you!!! Love ya!!!

Maribel said...

I heard your testimony the other day and i was left in an awe!! i had to lift my jaw off the ground, God is so good, and we are living proof, of his faithfulness. And to see Abel up there on fire for the Lord speaks for itself, now that was priceless. you have inspired me. i love you Bree!!! Its about time that us woman start something.... I believe that this is going to be a great year for our Womans Ministry!!! It is going to grow!!

no more me said...

...is that what was going on behind me as i was hopping and twirling???

i love you and am proud of you for being up there...singing or sobbing!

God is good and he don't get any gooder than you, baby!

:*

Pastor Sean said...

Wow, what a gift you and Abel are to the body of Christ! It is such a joy to read your blogs and to hear the great things God is doing in you both.

God will use you greatly because you refuse to settle on being average. You love more pasisonately, forgive much deeper, and give wihtout reservation to those around you; this is not the characteristics of an average person. Keep pressing on!

I know your mom and dad are so proud of you as Jayna and I are.

I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!

P.S. Have jason give me a call or shoot me an email.

So proud,

Pastor Sean