Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What is important to you in a leader?

I have been reading an awesome book titled, Under Cover. It is all about spiritual authority and why this is such an important concept to grasp. This book has really got me thinking, about all the ministers I have served under. Each one taught me things, some good; some not so good.

What I would like to know is:
What is important to you?
What makes a good leader in your eyes?
Are there things that are an absolute?
Things you can work around?


Come on, gimme the details! I can not wait to read your thoughts!!

1 comment:

Tracie said...

What is important to you?

I like spirital leaders to be good public speakers that can articulate and translate the Bible. They need to be able to apply scripture to real life, to today's society. A good speaking voice. I know that sounds a little harsh, but (for me) it's true. If the person sounds like Charlie Brown, or a hilbilly, I have a hard time focusing on the message. Sad, but I'm being honest.

What makes a good leader in your eyes?

Someone that inspires me to seek God everyday, to serve God everyday. I think they should be honest and approachable to everyone.

Are there things that are an absolute?

Honesty, spiritual disciple, Biblical applications to today's world, and inspiration.

Things you can work around?

Funny voices.

I think inspiration is the most important quality in a leader (spiritual or professional). I think it's the leaders responsibility to learn/communicate with his followers/employees to determine what they need and what they want. Once the leaders figures out what people want, then he can determine his approach to inspiring them. Hope that makes sense.