Monday, May 11, 2009

Just a normal night

Tonight we had a family picnic on our living room floor. What a blast! The kids were thrilled because we all sat on the floor together and watched America's Funniest Home Videos. I enjoyed myself so, so much. Not just because of the videos - and there were some funny ones! (Especially the montage of people catching on fire - nothing harmful, but this one grandma's hair went up so fast!!) But mainly because of the constant giggles, belly laughs and shrieks from my kids! For an hour straight my family laughed as people fell, slipped, tumbled and ran into walls. It was marvelous. One of my favorite sounds is that of Aiden laughing, followed by "did you see that??Ridiculous!" and then Olivia's laughter is contagious. There is nothing better! Their laughter can turn my day/mood completely around. I am so blessed to have such wonderful family!

5 comments:

Tracie said...

What a wonderful memory to make with your family!

Usually when Seth has a friend spend the night, we'll move the coffee table and drag his mattress into the living room and let them watch TV in the big room. They LOVE it! Plus, if someone gets scared, I sleep on the couch.

I think silly little changes (like sleeping on the floor, picnics inside) make all the difference to our sweet little kiddos.

I'm glad you had a wonderful family fun day! Nex time pictures, silly!

Kimberly Kay said...

Awww - I love that story. I can just hear Aiden and Olivia cracking up. Good stuff, Bree. Love you!

Maribel said...

Awesome, Family time is always good!! Nice and memorable!!

Samina said...

too sweet! family time is awesome! glad you could make some cute memories! :)

Margarita said...

HI Bree, I love your blog.