Friday, January 16, 2009

Fitness Friday

Welcome back!!  I missed you guys yesterday. I has such a busy day - by the time I was able to get to my computer, I could barely keep my eyes open!! I knew that anything I would post would not be coherent, so I decided to do the only thing that made sense - run to bed. 

Today is Friday - woo-hoo!! Even though I do not work outside my home anymore, I still get excited about Fridays, funny huh? Well, I decided to start making some lifestyle changes and wanted to share them with you all. I am hoping that my accountability to my bloggy friends will help keep me on track. Now that you are all reading what I am doing - or not doing, I am sure that will give me some extra motivation to keep going. 

Since I have turned 30 recently, I want to make some changes so that I can be a healthier person. Each Friday I am going to share what I have been doing to loose all the baby weight I still carry (yes, I know that my baby is going on 5 - but it still makes me feel better to say that!)
I am also going to be linking up with Brenda at The Family Revised for her Fitness Friday challenges. Hope you will join me too! 

Here are the changes I am working on making:

Drink more water - lots more!!
Eat less - don't keep eating because it is SO good; also no mindless snacking!
Make healthier food choices.
Exercise regularly.

With my goals posted, here is what I have been doing this past week:
I have been drinking a lot of water.  (This I started last year when my migraines were an almost daily thing.) I have not been buying soda when I go to the grocery store, so that helps. Also, the funny thing is, the more water you drink, the more you want!  And, now that I do not drink soda as much as I used too - I do not crave them, I am craving cold water..

I started exercising, because I want to feel better. Below is a list of what I did this week:
Friday: Walked 2 miles at the track
Saturday: Walked 1.5 miles at the track
Sunday - I rested
Monday - Completed a 45 min Pilates work out
Tuesday- Completed the same work out
Wednesday - Walked for 1 miles and ran for 1 mile (yes, I ran - can you believe it??)
Thursday - Nothing - I was so tired!
Friday - Pilates work out

Looking over that list, I can NOT believe all I did!! I hope that this coming week, I can keep on track. I am praying that God will help me to stay disciplined. this is a change I truly want to make! Tune in next week to see how I do! 

6 comments:

Wrinkled Shirts said...

Can't wait til Girl's Night Out! Hope to see you there!
Paula G. <><
www.wrinkledshirts.blogspot.com

Carrie Thompson said...

Great first Fitness Friday post! It is so hard to make changes and goals and to stick to them!

You are an awesome track!

See ya at Brenda's!

Tracie said...

Great job Bree!

karly said...

Welcome to Fitness Friday! You will not find a more encouraging (and funny!) bunch of bloggy ladies!

Wow! You did a lot of exercise this week, good for you! I look forward to seeing all your progress this year!

Samina said...

you go girl!! one week down, many more to come...and i know you can do it!

Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)
13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Brenda said...

Bree--sorry I'm just now getting over here! BOY, you have great goals! Even if you never change them you will see big results!

I'm glad you are onboard-and yes, that "baby fat" excuse is good for upwards of 10 years. :)