Monday, January 19, 2009

Bathroom Baptizing

Today was a school holiday for my kids. We spent the day at home, I had so much cleaning to do - still trying to reorganize. The kids were playing in their rooms,  and Aiden decided he wanted to listen to a certain song by a group called 2 By 2. They are a christian rap group from Beaumont, TX, and have come to our church a couple of times.  The boys club uses their song when they perform; and Aiden wanted to hear it. So I let him listen to it on Abel's computer. After listening to that song about three times, Aiden chose another of their songs - Baptized. 

After listening to Baptized multiple times, I found my 2 By 2 cd, and set it up to play in Aiden's room. I thought he would listen to the song a couple of times, and be done. However, that was not the case!! All Aiden did for an hour is repeat that song!! 

During one of the many repeats, Olivia asked me if she could baptize some of her toys. (We had read a bible story about baptizing, and both kids had baptized a toy during the discussion.) So, I told her as long as she "baptized" in the sink, she could. After she found a few dolls and some animals, she filled the sink (almost to overflowing) and set about her job. 

When I went to check on her, she had several of the toys laying on the bottom of the sink. I reminded her that when you baptize, it is a quick dunk under the water, otherwise the person drowns. She looked at me, and very matter of factly said, "Mom, I know that. But my toys want to be baptized this way! They like to lay under water for a long time."  Then went to play in her room!! 

Thank goodness she is not truly going to be baptizing anyone soon!!

6 comments:

Tracie said...

hahahah. That is so cute!

You have such wonderful kids.

Maribel said...

That is so cute, and funny.. but yeah that sounds like Olibia!!

Samina said...

too cute!

jackie35 said...

YOur kiddos are to cute...

Diana said...

I for one will not be signing up for Olivia to baptize me....lol!!! Too cute!!!

no more me said...

my daughter has a profound revelation of the cross!!! we should all hope to be baptized into the death of Christ to forever keep the old man under water. but for the sake of literal interpretation - let's not let her baptize anyone soon...